Keep in mind that not every oval chainring is equal to an Absolute Black.
The Original one and only Absolute Black premium Sram Gxp compatible Direct mount 1X Oval traction chainrings are designed for gxp and Long BB30 spindle cranks. Fits Sram 10/11spd XX1, X01, Eagle 12spd and others. Also replaces 76 bcd chainrings to convert to direct mount solution. They are 100-percent optimized for Eagle.
Advantages of special Direct Mount chainrings:
- Finest design to provide excellent weight to strength ratio.
- One of a kind special oval shape (Patent Pending).
- Greatly improves traction and climbing abilities.
- Unique Patent Pending Narrow-Wide teeth profiles to keep your chain in place for minimum 12 months!
- Special 3D teeth machining for ultimate mud relief decrease wear and noise dramatically.
- They save weight because they don't need the spider and chainring bolts.
- The ability of installation of a smaller ring sizes that can't be mounted on regular spider.
- Superb quality and great look.
- You will ride faster using ovals. If you keep using round ring then others will get quicker.
- You will not "feel" the oval shape at all.
- Reduces stress on knees.
- Absolute Black mastered oval chainrings to perfection, so you can get best possible advantage from the oval/elliptical shape.
Why oval chainrings work
Oval (elliptical) chainrings work because a rider does not produce power evenly through a pedal stroke; they maximize the part of the stroke where power is produced and minimize resistance where it isn't. Oval rings make the spin cycle a lot smoother and are easier on legs while climbing. Believe it (or not), but a round chainring doesn't transfer torque to your rear wheel as smoothly as an Oval one. You will actually feel your stroke to be more "round" with an Oval shape than with a round chainring.
Why it matters
Traction, Traction and Traction. With oval rings rear tire traction improves greatly on loose and slippery terrain. Smoother power delivery to your rear wheel means that you will be able to maintain better, constant cadence; get less stress on the joints (knees) and therefore be able to keep certain level of effort for longer. This results in higher average speed. Moreover, 11 studies made by various Universities in the World show that using oval chainrings human legs utilize more muscle groups (compared to round one), but each of them to lesser degree.
- Compatibility: Sram XX1, XX1 Eagle, X01, X01 Eagle, GX Eagle, X1-1400, GX-1400, X0, X9, X7, S2210, S1400 and Truvativ Descendant cranks. GXP and Long spindle BB30 models. Chain: 9, 10, 11 and 12 spd Eagle compatible.
- Material: CNC machined 7075 Txxx Aluminum. Long-lasting construction.
- Finish: anodized.
- Chainline: 49 mm (6 mm offset, standard), 52 mm (3 mm offset, Boost).
- Ovality: optimized to each size separately. Range: 10.2-14.4%.
- Real weight: 46 g (26T), 51 g (30T), 54 g (30T), 56 g (32T), 61 g (34T), 65 g (36T).
- Shimano: 9S, 10S, 11S
- Sram: 9S, 10S, 11S and Eagle 12S
Note: Not compatible with Shimano 12S groupsets
To be able to write a review you need to be logged in
Please click here to login
Great price. Good service. Quick delivery