Ultra lightweight, zip-free overshoes with an improved aerodynamic performance to face winter head-on
Made to endure the colder seasons on the bike, these tech-savvy Winter Booties deliver supreme thermal protection in the most compact iteration to date. A reworked overshoe with an all-new ergonomic cut that eliminates wrinkles and an improved aerodynamic performance thanks to its zipless construction, these winter overshoes embody the essential characteristics of a must-have, lightweight, yet super warm shoe cover. The internal test team classifies them as the convergence of an aero bootie and a warm winter overshoe with a blend of materials that lock out wind and water without compromising on their low weight or breathability. Sounds like prime riding equipment for winter, and these are certainly a product that we’re excited about.
For these Winter Booties, fabric specialists have flexed their know-how to deploy their latest weapon against the elements. As your feet are so vulnerable while pedaling in bad weather, they’ve engineered the waterproof and abrasion-resistant Cordura on the toe area, while reserving the proprietary NEOS Medium on the ankle, which adds stretch, thermal protection and impermeability. Their compact, packable design is practical, so you can easily stow these overshoes if the temperature rise.
- Cordura: Aerodynamic and waterproof, this proprietary fabric has been deployed on the toe area to tackle weather headfirst.
- Neos medium: The Assos in-house developed tri-layer thermo soft-shell constructed with a bonded PU membrane. Water-repellent and form-fitting, this tech-savvy textile is waterproof to >10 m, wind-resistant and highly breathable. Waterproof >10 MT. High breathability MVP 14.600 gr/m²/24h JIS L 1099 B-1:2006.
- Sens 2L: These overshoes have been constructed with a double layer stripe of lightweight, super-stretch warp-knit in blue, the demarcation for winter. Engineered by textile developers, Sens Tex is known for its low volume, freedom of movement, and secondskin-like sensation.
- Zip-free construction: Taking inspiration from the design and cut used on the prototype bootie worn to Gold in the Men’s Time Trial at the Rio Olympics, this is a design that has been stripped back for increased comfort and performance.
- Raw-cut edges: The raw-cut edges for the cleat, heel and ankle edge eliminate seams to retain warmth and increase comfort.