A torque wrench is sometimes not enough when dealing with carbon parts, especially if those parts refuse to stay in place when tightened respecting the recommended torque values.
Carbogrip is the perfect complement to Giustaforza torque wrench. It is basically a special high-molecular weight silicone resin that, used on a bicycle part before assembling it, polymerizes (in a time ranging from 3 to 5 minutes) into a grippy surface with the following characteristics:
- Prevents part slippage and the dangerous, normal reaction when a seatpost or handlebar slip at the recommended torque value: overtorqueing the bolts!
- Facilitates clamping of smooth carbon parts (handlebars, seatposts, aerobar extensions..).
- The polymer also has anti-seize properties, allowing an easy component removal when needed.
- Works great as threadlock (steel, titanium, aluminum, carbon bolts).
- Very easy to use: no need for brushes as with other assembly pastes/liquids.
- Ideal for mountain-bike grips: sprayed inside the grips it allows the grips to easily slide onto the handlebar when mounting, locking them in place when the resin polymerizes. The grips can then be removed blowing air inside them with a compressor, or with other procedures normally used to remove grips.
- Can be easily removed with Carbomove or other petrol-based solvents
- Available in 3ml blister size.
Instructions for use
- Carefully clean/degrease the mounting surfaces. Seatpost: remove grease traces inside the seat-tube too.
- Used Carbogrip on the component and immediately mount it.
- Tighten the mounting bolts to the suggested torque value.
- Wait 5 minutes before using the component.
- Unwanted Carbogrip traces can be removed with Carbomove or other petrol-based solvents.
If not using Carbogrip frequently or forgetting to put the bottle cap after use, the resin could set inside the nozzle and blocking it. If so, remove the nozzle: a droplet of Carbomove (or other petrol-based solvents) inside it will restore its fuctionality.