The award-winning 36 gets a huge performance boost with the new Fit Grip2 4-way adjustable damper. Equipped with Fox's patent-pending Variable Valve Control (VVC) that adjusts valve stiffness instead of increasing the pre-load, which typically happens when regulating the rebound, improved compression damping and less friction overall.
Fox separated the high-speed and low-speed rebound control, which can be adjusted using the knob at the end of the lower leg assembly, which has two rings.
Like the 2017 model, high-speed and low-speed compression tuning is set using the knobs on top of the right stanchion. 16 clicks for high-speed and 12 for low-speed. There is less inner friction, though, thanks to the new seals.
- Travel: 160 mm.
- Float EVol air spring.
- Fit Grip2 damper version.
- 15QR x 110 Boost.
- Factory Series models feature Genuine Kashima Coat.
- 1,5 T steerer.
- Real weight: 2119 g.
Next-Generation sealed cartridge damper. Grip2 is a next-evolution sealed cartridge Fit system, the highest performing gravity-focused damper. The new damper shares its roots with the original Grip architecture, but has been seriously enhanced with all-new technology:
- 4-Way adjustment (HSC/LSC/HSR/LSR).
- Grip2 Variable Valve Control (VVC): Fit Grip2 now features high-speed rebound using the novel and patent-pending approach.
- Grip2 Mid-Valve: a sophisticated mid-valve design allows more effective shaping of the compression damping curve, offering confidence-inspiring support that resists brake dive.
- Friction reduction: during the development of Grip2, engineering uncovered improvements that greatly reduce friction. Low friction seals help to improve small bump compliance and honed, polished, and coated shaft and tube surfaces further eliminate friction for an unmatched ride experience.
EVol (Extra Volume)
Patented Air Transfer Port System. An EVol linear spring curve gives forks and shocks plushness off the top, extra mid-stroke support, and more tunable bottom-out progression, allowing riders to tap into the ideal pairing of front and rear-end feel.
Float EVol Air Spring
EVol technology from rear shocks is integrated into all Fox forks. EVol increases negative air spring volume, specifically positioned and sized for optimum small bump sensitivity.
Genuine Kashima coat
Buttery smooth. Kashima's distinctive gold color is backed by its high performance attributes—properties that provide an exceptionally smooth feel and extreme durability.
- 3 air spring volume spacers.
Travel 160 mm
|Steerer tube diameter||1" 1/8 - 1" 1/2 (tapered)|
|Crown material||Forged aluminium|
|Upper tubes diameter||36 mm|
|Upper tubes material||Aluminium|
|Maximum rotor size||203 mm|
|Version||Thru axle 15 mm|
|Mount system||Post mount|