A set of wheels with no boundaries, so as not to set limits, both uphill and downhill
Red Metal 5 was conceived with versatility in mind: light and solid, built with attention to materials and finishes. The technical data, however, is not everything: excursions to new destinations will better define the soul of this specific trail riding wheel.
Reliability is a focal point, driving precision makes the difference: the 27 mm wide channel offers an ideal support base when cornering and allows the shoulder of the tire to attack the ground without the slightest dispersion.
The 28-spoke straight-head construction also ensures solidity and reactivity in the presence of any obstacle. With an mtb-trail wheel like this, there will be no limits to exploring new boundaries, because it will always be ready, a trusted companion.
- Tyre type: 2-Way Fit Ready (for clincher and tubeless).
- Tyre size: 29".
- Discipline: Trail / Enduro.
- ASTM category: 3.
- Rim material: Aluminum.
- Profile height: 20 mm.
- Rim width: 32 mm.
- Inner rim width (channel): 27 mm.
- Tyre width: From 2.0” to 2.5".
- Braking system: disc brake, AFS.
- Front axle compatibility: HH15-110 Boost.
- Rear axle compatibility: HH12-148 Boost.
- Front wheel spokes: 28, Left 14 - Right 14.
- Rear wheel spokes: 28, Left 14 - Right 14.
- Spokes material: Stainless steel.
- Spokes profile: Rounded, straight pull.
- Nipples: Aluminum.
- Front hub: Aluminum, aluminum flange.
- Rear hub: Aluminum, aluminum flange.
- Bearings: Sealed cartridge bearings.
- Aluminum Axle. One hub fits all.
- Weight limit: 109 kg (comprising cyclist).
AFS Axle System™
The Axial Fixing System™ is the solution developed by Fulcrum® to fix the disc brake to the hub. The constraint granted by the butt area of the release mechanism, greater than in familiar standard ones, makes it possible to obtain greater structural rigidity and therefore more precise and powerful braking.
2-Way Fit Ready
The evolution of tubeless in a rim for racing or mountain bikes.
Fulcrum rim profile ensures perfect compatibility with tubeless-ready tires after quick easy transformation.
They have combined the advantages of tires without inner tubes, lower rolling resistance and better ground grip on bends—in other words, improved steering, true response and increased comfort.
The transformation calls for tape and tubeless valves, and a sealant must be used.