No matter the season, riders just want to focus on pedalling and maximizing their performance with no distractions. Northwave’s next generation of winter boots is now one-step closer to riders’ needs with the brand new Climaflex collar construction.
Free from overlaps and Velcro, Climaflex is designed to deliver unprecedented mobility for riders and make their winter boots feel like an extension of their legs. Without the use of conventional Velcro multi-panel ankle designs that limit your body’s natural movements, the foot and ankle feel like an integral part of the body as soon as the boots are on to they fit like a seamless connection that minimizes hotspots. This unbeatable freedom of movement sets a before-and-after for winter shoes that perfectly matches the Climaflex protection from the weather created by the combination of soft, highly insulating thermal Neoprene and the extremely elastic Gore-Tex Rattler® membrane in key areas. The two synergistically create a wind- and waterproof barrier that keeps feet warm and cosy.
- Triple-density Speedlight 3D Carbon sole with a carbon insert in the pedal area and a stiffness index of 12.0.
- The water- and windproof Gore-Tex® Duratherm Kelvin membrane is the best for wicking away any sweat and keeps your feet perfectly insulated and warm even at -15°C.
- Made with Xframe® patented construction and ultralight next generation materials, the upper transfers every watt of power and provides the snuggest, even fit with no pressure points.
- Extra thermal coating strategically placed on the toe.
- Highly abrasion-resistant rubber reinforcements ensure 360° protection along the entire upper.
- SLW2 dial, the only one with step-by-step and full release in a single button.
- The Climaflex collar made of extremely elastic Gore-Tex Rattler® membrane and highly insulating Neoprene delivers unprecedented mobility and protection from the weather.
- Integrated heel system ensures efficient heel retention.
- The Arctic GTX footbed with a four-layer aluminium and fleece construction works with the membrane to deliver outstanding warmth and insulation.
- 360° reflective inserts.
The Climaflex collar sock-like feel simultaneously provides unprecedented mobility and total protection from the weather. Free from overlaps and Velcro, the foot and the ankle act as one with the boot thanks to the unique combination of soft, highly insulating thermal Neoprene and the extremely elastic Gore-Tex Rattler® membrane in key areas. A game-changing wind- and waterproof barrier that keeps feet warm and cosy.
Speedlight 3D Sole
The nylon chassis is filled with fiberglass and co-injected to the outer polished TPU shell. The rubber studs provide excellent grip: you want less weight and more performance so this is exclusively for you.
X-Frame® by Northwave is an innovative design engineered to transfer every watt of power while providing the snuggest, even fit with no pressure points. Totally unique, it combines next-generation materials that are only 0.5 mm thick and ultra soft for exceptional comfort with a structure featuring 360° reinforcements along the length of the foot that connects the sole to the laces via the upper. The result: a snug fit and perfectly balanced closure that pulls evenly around the entire foot from toe to instep. Kudos goes to the innovative route taken by the cable through special tapes: it passes through a complex system of angles and geometric precision made possible purely by relentless testing on countless prototypes. The SLW2 dial closure system works with the X-Frame design, replacing plastic inserts with soft tapes, while the soft, flexible Dyneema cable naturally conforms to the shape of each foot.
S.L.W.2 closing system
The micrometric system S.L.W. 2 (Speed Lace Winch) represents the evolution of the closure system. Maximum precision and modularity. The innovative step by step closure means you can tighten and enlarge the fit in a few moments. The side button provides a dual function: by pressing, it features a micrometric release and lifting it allows a complete and immediate opening of the shoe. More lightweight and thinner. The dial has been completely redesigned in size and weight, resulting in being significantly lighter and thinner. The external covering in soft touch material also makes the grip more effective. The ergonomic shape of the S.L.W. 2 ratchet follows the anatomy of the foot to make it really comfortable. The S.L.W. 2 ratchet is easily replaceable. The cables come from the best technology derived from the world of sailing.
Integrated Heel System
The new unibody construction of the uppers allowed to integrate an efficient heel retention system inside the structure, without the need of external elements. Same efficiency, reduced weight.
|Insole size (cm)||EU||IN||UK||US men|