Surveys conducted by various universities in the United States, in Norway and in Austria have shown that the squashing of pelvic organs and pudenda arteries may have serious consequences on the genital apparatus of athletes and amateurs. The Patent SMP arises from the study of the different p ositions assumed by the racer in the various phases of the course and by the consequent interaction between the saddle, pe lvic organs and genitals – male and female – with an aim to preventing their getting squashed and rubbed, and at the same time increase the blood flow to the leg muscles. The central channel of the saddle, 3 to 5 cm wide, prevents the anus, the prostate, the pudenda veins the deep dorsal vein and artery of the penis, scrotum and testicles, and the labia majora and minora, and clitoris, not to be squashed at all, allowing a continuous and completely natural blood.
This model is not padded, therefore Composit is particularly suited for cyclists used to pedaling on rigid and narrow seats. The patented features by Selle SMP, such as the completely free central channel, the original eagle-beak nose and the raised rear give these models an interesting aerodynamic touch. Suited for thin people with narrow pelvises.
- Cover: "Primo fiore" genuine leather carefully selected: soft, pleasing hand to the touch, compact and durable surface. (Black version).
- Padding: absent.
- Body: Nylon 12 loaded with carbon fiber: to overcome the most stringent resistance and stability tests over time, while providing the necessary lightness.
- Fixing plates: Nylon 12 loaded with carbon fiber: higher standards of security and robustness.
- Rail: Unidirectional "high modulus" carbon fiber, 7.1 x 9.0 mm: maximum lightness and strong resistance.
- Recommended for: Road and Mountain Bikes, Triathlon.
- Recommended for sizes: XS-S-M.
|Rails (dimensions)||7x9.6 mm|
|Rails (material)||Braided carbon|
|Shell||Elastomerized nylon 12 + carbon fiber|
|Real weight||178 g|
To be able to write a review you need to be logged in
Please click here to login
The Composit seems to be the perfect saddle for me. It's hard but not uncomfortable at all, even not after three hours in the saddle. The form suits me perfectly but that depends very much on your anatomy. Carbon rails seem to dampen some of the shocks although you should not expect too much of that. It's not cheap but the price at Lordgun was way below the RRP.