Designed on your body
The Evolution model is the ideal seat for both races and cycling in your free time. It uses the structure of the Composit model joined with minimal padding. It is covered in real leather in the black versions and Lorica microfiber in the colored versions. It has excellent “all-around” features and is particularly suited for the average pelvis. The Evolution model has foamed elastomer padding where the ischial tuberosities and rear rest. The patented features by Selle SMP, such as the completely free central channel, the original eagle-beak nose and the raised rear give these models an interesting aerodynamic touch.
In virtue of its very small padding it is particularly suited for thin people with narrow pelvises.
Surveys conducted by various universities in the United States, in Norway and in Austria have shown that the squashing of pelvic organs and pudenda arteries may have serious consequences on the genital apparatus of athletes and amateurs. The Patent SMP arises from the study of the different p ositions assumed by the racer in the various phases of the course and by the consequent interaction between the saddle, pe lvic organs and genitals – male and female – with an aim to preventing their getting squashed and rubbed, and at the same time increase the blood flow to the leg muscles. The central channel of the saddle, 3 to 5 cm wide, prevents the anus, the prostate, the pudenda veins the deep dorsal vein and artery of the penis, scrotum and testicles, and the labia majora and minora, and clitoris, not to be squashed at all, allowing a continuous and completely natural blood. In the SMP saddle the cyclist’s sitting position is spread out between the buttocks and the lower part of the bone of the pelvis (the ischiatic tuberosities).
The front part, characterised by the original eagle’s beak shape avoids the genitals from being squashed and offers a good supporting base in the characteristic thrust pedalling.
In the lower part of the saddle there is a concavity that prevents the coccyx from touching the saddle, thus avoiding the counterblow caused by uneven ground.
The line of union between the front and rear part follows the shape of the thigh muscles in order to always have the maximum circulation of blood for greater pedalling power and the reduction of bothersome tingling.
- Cover: "Primo fiore" genuine leather carefully selected: soft, pleasing hand to the touch, compact and durable surface. (Black version).
- Padding: Special foamed elastomer with extraordinary elasticity: performance unchanged over time, right balance of softness and compression strength.
- Body: Nylon 12 loaded with carbon fiber: to overcome the most stringent resistance and stability tests over time, while providing the necessary lightness.
- Fixing plates: Nylon 12 loaded with carbon fiber: higher standards of security and robustness.
- Rail: AISI 304 version. Alloy tube Ø 7.1 mm: great longitudinal elasticity, high resistance to mechanical stress and corrosion.
- Recommended for: Road racing, MTB, Triathlon.
- Recommended for sizes: XS-S-M.
|Shell||Nylon 12 filled with carbon fiber|
|Rails (material)||Aisi 304 stainless steel|
|Rails (dimensions)||7 mm|
|Size||266 x 129 mm|