Born to be the best
Surveys conducted by various universities in the United States, in Norway and in Austria have shown that the squashing of pelvic organs and pudenda arteries may have serious consequences on the genital apparatus of athletes and amateurs. The Patent SMP arises from the study of the different p ositions assumed by the racer in the various phases of the course and by the consequent interaction between the saddle, pe lvic organs and genitals – male and female – with an aim to preventing their getting squashed and rubbed, and at the same time increase the blood flow to the leg muscles. The central channel of the saddle, 3 to 5 cm wide, prevents the anus, the prostate, the pudenda veins the deep dorsal vein and artery of the penis, scrotum and testicles, and the labia majora and minora, and clitoris, not to be squashed at all, allowing a continuous and completely natural blood.
The Nymber has the same shell as Vulkor. The light padding gives it the versatility necessary for using this saddle in any kind of cycling.
- Cover: "Primo fiore" genuine leather carefully selected: soft, pleasing hand to the touch, compact and durable surface. (Black version).
- Padding: Special foamed elastomer with extraordinary elasticity: performance unchanged over time, right balance of softness and compression strength.
- Body: Nylon 12 loaded with carbon fiber: to overcome the most stringent resistance and stability tests over time, while providing the necessary lightness.
- Fixing plates: Nylon 12 loaded with carbon fiber: higher standards of security and robustness.
- Rail: AISI 304 version. Alloy tube Ø 7.1 mm: great longitudinal elasticity, high resistance to mechanical stress and corrosion.
- Recommended for: Road racing, MTB, Triathlon.
- Recommended for sizes: M-L-XL.
|Rails (dimensions)||7 mm|
|Rails (material)||Aisi 304 stainless steel|
|Shell||Nylon 12 filled with carbon fiber|
|Real weight||288 g|
|Size||267 x 139 mm|
To be able to write a review you need to be logged in
Please click here to login
After having had several Selle saddles I felt it was time to change but the question was, to what? Reviews seemed to suggest the Nymber was a worthy saddle and so far I have not been disappointed. Whether it will be an improvement in the long term or simply be a design which I eventually need to supersede, only time will tell but for the moment I am pleased with it and hope we get on for a long time.
before when I was really fit and skinny I bought the Evolution saddle as the web site from SMP goes for size of pants (instead of size of bones).
All the traditional saddles from SMP are great but their web site is not perfect when it comes to advice of saddle size.
The Nymber is perfect for me and long hours in the saddle are no longer to be combined with pants with padding. The saddle has just the right amount of padding for not obstructing the blood transport to legs.