S-Works Power Cranks Dual - a Specialized crankset with double power meter for maximum accuracy
No matter your skill level or experience on the bike, there's no better way to enhance your training and racing performance than by riding with a power meter. Lucky for you, Specialized combined their incredibly light and stiff carbon fibre S-Works road cranks with dual-sided power measurement, making it the lightest and the most accurate power meter available.
The development of Power Cranks began with a Specialized's Human Performance Team looking at riders in realistic scenarios on the bike. Historically, power meters have been validated by two different methods — one is by measuring the produced torque by applying a static, linear load to a crank arm or chainring, while the second uses a power generating motor to pedal the bike. Well, cycling is neither static nor linear, and humans apply power much differently than a machine. So, neither of these methods answer the "real-world" accuracy question.
To get the best test for accuracy, in all types of riding scenarios, Specialized built its own cycling treadmill, the WinMill, to measure power output to a known truth. This new benchmark lets us evaluate accuracy under all riding conditions—seated versus standing, various power and cadence levels, different weights, and a myriad of gear. This data acquisition process is a gold-standard for testing power meters, and through external validation from the Locomotion lab in Boulder, Colorado, Power Cranks have been proven to have the highest accuracy in real world scenarios (+/- 1.5%).
The Dual-Sided S-Works Power Cranks utilize separate strain gauge systems to individually measure the effort produced by each leg. This maximizes the accuracy of your total power numbers, plus it helps you to better understand your performance as fatigue increases and when you're recovering from injury. And with class-leading temperature compensation firmware and waterproof enclosures, Power Cranks are easy to live with. Calibration is only required during seasonal-type fluctuations in temperature, and the included wrench makes battery swaps a breeze.
- +/- 1.5% real-world accuracy tested on the WinMill and validated by the Locomotion Lab in Boulder, CO.
- Independent, dual-leg power measurement.
- Works with ANT+ and Bluetooth® devices.
- Easy set-up and diagnostics with the Specialized Power app. (iOS and Android versions available).
- Hollow carbon crankarms, carbon spider, and oversized alloy spindle offer superior stiffness and lighter weight.
- Fits Specialized road frames with OSBB or PF30 bottom bracket shell, as well as most BB30 road frames.
- 110 BCD carbon spider (also compatible with 130 BCD carbon spider — sold separately).
- Compatible with Shimano and Sram drivetrains. Chainrings are sold separately. Use only with Specialized/Praxis chainrings (52/36T) and (50/34T).
- Available in 165-180 mm crankarm lengths.
- Real weight: 437 g (172.5 mm).
To be able to write a review you need to be logged in
Please click here to login
To ask a question to other users you need to be logged in.
Please click here to login
Hi,may l know this Swork Power Meter Cranks Dual bcd110 can use the carbon ti chainrings？
Thank you for reaching out.
Unfortunately Carbon Ti does not currently have a Chainring kit that fits the new Specialized power cranks.
For any further technical info kindly contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Best regards.Nov 28, 2019