New SLX BL M7100 + BR M7120 brakes with I-Spec EV mounting are the perfect choice for Enduro, Trail or All Mountain
The Shimano has always been a symbol of reliability, performance and versatility, so, the new SLX brakes that complete the innovative 12-speed groupset feature a series of modifications that bring them to the top of the brake classification with the best quality/price ratio. Modulability, response and braking power are the key features of this model. Thanks to structural changes, the lever is now even more ergonomic and easier to operate while riding on difficult terrains. The I-Spec EV clamp allows you to keep the handlebar well organized and customize the position of the controls according to your preferences or needs.
- Optimized lever axle position with additional contact point and refined ergonomics.
- 10% more stable than the M7000, even at high temperatures.
- Faster response with reduced free stroke.
- Tool-free reach adjustment.
- Advanced modulability.
- Lever size: 2 fingers.
- Pistons: 4.
- Faster piston return.
- Braking power increased by 10%.
- Quieter braking.
- Fitting: banjo.
- Mounting screw: 5 mm.
- Braking fluid: Shimano mineral oil.
- Mounted pads: D03S resin (without flap).
- Real weight: 321 g (rear), 310 g (front).
- Right lever: rear brake (hose length: 1700 mm)
- Left lever: front brake (hose length: 1000 mm)
I-Spec EV creates a clean and action-optimized cockpit that provides greater focus and flexibility for a wider range of riders.
Benefits & Features
- Wider adjustment range allows riders of various styles, preferences and body styles to adjust to the optimal position.
- Ergonomic design, quicker lever access, and light operation enhance rider comfort and concentration. I-Spec EV increases brake lever rigidity by moving the brake clamp position inward to create an extra point of contact between the bar and the lever. This additional bracing drastically increases bike control and braking engagement while maintaining space between the clamp and support point for other handlebar accessories.
Servo Wave Action
When you pull a Servowave brake lever, initial pad travel is fast, so little lever movement is needed to bring the pads into contact with the rotor. The power multiplication factor then increases rapidly at the pad-to-disc contact so more of the lever stroke is used to apply greater braking power with improved control.
Find out more on the packaging of this item.