Ambush Comp - a Specialized MTB helmet designed for Trail and Enduro rides
When ripping down the trail, the last thing you need to worry about is if your helmet will protect you in a crash. Then again, you don't want to be stuck wearing a full-face on every trail ride. This is why Specialized created the Ambush Comp — a lightweight, extended coverage helmet at a wallet-friendly price. Starting with protection, the Ambush Comp boasts a significant amount of extended coverage and a single density foam that's been reinforced by a Composite Matrix. The reason behind this is that it manages the energy from impacts more effectively. Even with the added protection, though, it fits comfortably with a low profile and fully integrated Mindset 360 fit system. And with its five height positions, this system provides unmatched adjustment, while an integrated dial allows for on-the-fly fine-tuning. The Ambush Comp also keeps you cool with the 4th Dimension Cooling System's massive vents and exhaust ports, so you don't have to worry about overheating—even on the hottest days. Finally, Specialized included a micro-indexing visor that quickly adjusts positions and has plenty of room for goggle storage. Combined, these features put the Ambush Comp well in front of the competition.
- Composite Matrix internal reinforcement allows large vents for greater cooling.
- In-moulded shell improves strength and reduces weight.
- Mindset 360 fit system provides a secure, comfortable fit with 360-degree tension adjustment, five height positions, and integrated dial for easy on-the-fly adjustments.
- Micro indexing visor allows for a wide range of fast, secure on-trail adjustments, as well as convenient goggle stowage.
- 4th Dimension Cooling system optimizes ventilation.
- Extended coverage for added protection and durability.
- Tri-Fix web splitter for improved comfort and ease of strap adjustments.
- Integrated ANGI crash sensor.
- Certification: CE EN1078.
The Angi team transformed a simple bicycle helmet into a live tracking device, crash detector, and safety beacon. Their helmets are not only protecting you, they’re also the only helmets designed to connect you to help when you need it most. They just reinvented the helmet...
When we get a chance to ride, we take it. We escape. Sometimes that means going solo. Sometimes that means dashing off without telling friends and family where we’re headed. Trouble is, crashes happen, drivers don’t always see you, and sometimes, we simply pick the worst possible line down the sketchiest possible trail. Reality, in other words, happens, which is why they offer the only helmets equipped with both Mips brain-protection systems and Angi — an innovative sensor designed to add protection, before, during, and after a crash.
- Angi is a patented, helmet-mounted sensor that measures the forces transmitted to your helmet during a crash, as well as the harmful rotational forces that occur during crashes when your helmet doesn’t actually impact the ground.
- Angi is a ride tracker. Angi lets your emergency contacts know you’re heading out for a ride and, if you choose, to follow your ride in real time.
- Angi is a crash detector. Wearing an Angi-equipped helmet is like having a friend there making sure you’re okay.
- Angi is a safety beacon. If you’re hurt, Angi alerts your emergency contacts that you’ve crashed and sends them your location.
- Just pair Angi with a smartphone equipped with their Ride Premium app. If Angi detects a crash during a ride, it sends a countdown alert to your phone. If you’re hurt and unable to stop the countdown, the app transmits a text alert and your most recently uploaded GPS coordinates to your emergency contacts.
All of Specialized helmets are now available with Mips, giving you an extra layer of protection. Today, they introduce the next generation — Mips SL. Mips SL integrates this patented brain-protection technology into the comfort padding itself. It's all the protection of Mips, made ultralight, ultra-comfortable, and exclusively Specialized.